Halloween Skate 2016
Halloween Skate 2016 will be on Saturday 29th October 2016! Assemble 4.30pm for 5.00pm departure, from the Wellington Arch, start point of the London Friday Night Skate.
You can find the Facebook event here.
The route map will be available here soon.
Rules of the Skate
If it’s your first time, the etiquette of Halloween Skate is:
- You skate at your own risk.
- You must be able to stop turn and control your speed on an incline.
- Listen to the marshal’s instructions – please follow them, we’re volunteers.
- Stay behind the Lead Marshal (orange vest)
- Stay in front of the Rear marshal (also orange vest).
- Keep left for marshals (yellow vests) overtaking you on your right.
- Keep off the pavements.
- And remember to scare the public*.
If you can’t keep up with the Rear Marshal you may politely be asked to drop off. If this happens don’t be embarrassed or upset, just make your way to the party and get ready to show off your costume on the dance floor.
The after party is at the Star Of Kings pub, 126 York Way, London N1 0AX. The skate should arrive about 7.30pm. You’re may drop bags at the Star Of Kings from 3pm onwards, although they’ll be stored at your own risk.
A weather call will be made around 2pm on Saturday 29th. If the weather is looking dodgy the call may be late – sometimes weather is hard to judge. The call we be posted on this page, on the front of the LFNS website, and in the Facebook event.
In the event of rain on Saturday the skate may be postponed, but the party will go ahead at 7pm on Saturday 29th. The skate will be rescheduled, weather permitting, to replace the Sunday Stroll at 2pm on Sunday.
- This year’s competitions will be online only.
- The online competition is won by Facebook likes.
- You get your photo taken by our own Art Burasz – Mr WoofSnap – at the after party. Art will post his pics to Facebook.
- You need to find them and tag yourself so we know who you are. Then like your favourite pics.
- You’ve got a week to tag and vote (i.e. like) pictures.
- At 4pm on Saturday 5th November the eight photos with the most likes each win a £50 Slick Willies voucher.
Above all remember to skate in control, and have a wicked time!
SEE YOU SATURDAY 29th !!
Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!!!